The Rangers, Rockies, Tigers, A’s and Orioles all agreed to $4MM+ bonuses with their first spherical draftees this afternoon. We’ll spherical up the opposite $2MM+ signings from Monday (scouting experiences from Baseball America, MLB Pipeline, ESPN and The Athletic):
- The Giants are signing sixteenth total decide Bryce Eldridge to a $3.9975MM bonus, experiences Jim Callis of MLB Pipeline (Twitter hyperlinks). That’s a bit beneath the choice’s $4.33MM slot worth. Eldridge, a two-way participant from a Virginia highschool, ranked between sixteenth and twenty third on the referenced pre-draft lists. Listed at 6’7″, he’s usually thought to be a extra gifted power-hitting first base/nook outfield prospect than as a pitcher, although evaluators recommend he might’ve been a top-two spherical choice had been he solely on the mound. He’s anticipated to attempt taking part in each methods to start his skilled profession. The lefty hitter/righty thrower had been dedicated to Alabama. San Francisco additionally signed 52nd decide Walker Martin for an overslot $2.9975MM bonus. An Arkansas commit, Martin is a power-hitting infielder from a Colorado highschool.
- The Yankees introduced they’ve signed first rounder George Lombard Jr. In keeping with Callis, the Florida excessive schooler receives a $3.3MM bonus that beats the $3.07MM slot worth of the twenty sixth choice (Twitter hyperlink). A right-handed hitting infielder and son of the previous main leaguer who presently serves as Tigers’ bench coach, Lombard Jr. had been dedicated to Vanderbilt. Listed at 6’3″, he’s seen as a well-rounded and instinctual participant who might hit for common and energy. Evaluators usually had him as a again of the first-round prospect with some query about whether or not he’ll outgrow shortstop.
- The Mariners are in settlement with twenty ninth decide Johnny Farmelo on a $3.2MM bonus, experiences Daniel Kramer of MLB.com (Twitter hyperlink). That’s the choice Seattle obtained underneath the Prospect Promotion Incentive after Julio Rodríguez gained the 2022 Rookie of the 12 months. Farmelo, a left-handed hitting outfielder out of a Virginia highschool, tops the $2.8MM slot worth of the choice. Usually thought to be a comp spherical or early second spherical expertise, he’s a plus runner who might play heart subject and has some energy projection in a 6’2″ body. Farmelo was a Virginia commit.
- The Brewers are signing 18th decide Brock Wilken for $3.15MM, Callis experiences (on Twitter). That’s fairly a bit beneath the $4.02MM slot worth for the school infielder. Wilken, a Wake Forest product, is among the higher offensive prospects within the school class. Evaluators recommend he’s an influence over contact participant however could possibly be a middle-of-the-order presence. They’re divided on whether or not the 6’4″ infielder shall be athletic sufficient to stay on the sizzling nook or ought to transfer to first base down the road. The correct-handed hitter put up a monster .345/.506/.807 exhibiting throughout his draft yr in Winston-Salem. Milwaukee additionally signed thirty third decide Josh Knoth for $2MM, per Callis (on Twitter). A highschool righty from New York, Knoth is credited with mid-90s velocity and two spectacular breaking pitches.
- The Blue Jays agreed to a $3MM bonus with first spherical decide Arjun Nimmala, based on Callis (Twitter hyperlink). That’s beneath the $3.75MM slot worth of the twentieth choice. Nimmala, a highschool infielder out of Florida, positioned within the prime 17 on every of the aforementioned rankings. The 6’1″ infielder is credited with plus energy projection and a superb likelihood to stay at shortstop. An aggressive strategy and elevated swing-and-miss are the first questions in his profile, although he’s one of many youngest gamers within the class and thought to be a robust upside play. Nimmala had been dedicated to Florida State.
- The A’s went effectively above slot for third-rounder Steven Echavarria, Callis experiences (Twitter hyperlinks). He lands $3MM, virtually $2MM north of the slot worth for the 73rd decide. A highschool right-hander from New Jersey, he’d been dedicated to Florida. He has a mid-90s fastball and potential plus curveball. Oakland additionally signed thirty ninth choice Myles Naylor for the $2.025MM slot worth. The Canadian infielder (youthful brother of the Guardians’ Naylor brothers) is a bat-first third baseman who’d been slated to attend Texas Tech.
- The Nationals handed out a pair of $2.6MM bonuses, per experiences from Callis and Kiley McDaniel of ESPN (Twitter hyperlinks). Miami infielder Yohandy Morales went fortieth total after hitting .408/.475/.713 throughout his last season within the ACC. He’s a power-hitting third baseman. Highschool righty Travis Sykora will get a effectively above slot bonus as a 3rd spherical draftee. A Texas commit, Sykora is a 6’6″ hurler who can get into the triple digits and was thought to be a potential prime 40 expertise within the class.
- Infielder Sammy Stafura signed for $2.4975MM with the Reds, experiences Charlie Goldsmith of the Cincinnati Enquirer (on Twitter). That’s above slot for the New York highschool infielder, a Clemson commit. Stafura was seen as a possible first-round expertise based mostly on his athleticism and bat velocity.