2023 RUSSIAN SHORT COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS
After ripping a brand new world-leading effort of 49.22 in final evening’s semi-final of the lads’s 100m backstroke, Kliment Kolsesnikov fired off an occasion faster time to take the gold this night.
Racing on day two of the 2023 Russian Quick Course Championships, 23-year-old Kolesnikov put up a time of 49.12 to steer a quartet of sub-50-second males en path to gold.
Pavel Samusenko stopped the clock in 49.23 because the runner-up whereas Miron Lifincev, simply 17 years of age, logged a time of 49.37 to bag the bronze. Evgeny Rylov simply missed the rostrum, checking in 49.90 because the 4th-place finisher.
Kolesnikov is the highest Russian performer in historical past on this occasion, holding a PB of 48.58 from this time 3 years in the past. Teenager Lifincev had by no means earlier than been beneath the 50-second threshold. He’s now far and away the quickest 18&U European on the planet.
K2 stays the #1 swimmer on the earth whereas his teammates now fill out slots #2, #3 and #4 after simply this one race.
25-year-old Semyaninov bought to the wall in a results of 56.49 to eke out the victory over Shymanovich who settled for silver in 56.55. Kirill Prigoda, Russia’s reigning nationwide report holder, rounded out the highest 3 in 56.60.
As with the backstroke, Russia now dominates the highest spots on this occasion among the many world’s finest this season. Semyaninov ties Dutchman Arno Kamminga for #1 whereas Shymanovich and Prigoda now rank #3 and #4, respectively.
World Document holder within the 200m breast, Evgenia Chikunova, was the quickest of the 50m breast area tonight.
The 19-year-old posted a swift 29.54 to seize the gold, denying Alina Zmushka a repeat title within the occasion. Zmushka earned silver in 29.66 whereas 31-year-old Yuliya Efimova additionally landed on the rostrum in 29.95 for bronze.
Efimova is competing in her first occasion because the Tokyo Olympic Video games. Her semi-final time from final evening was really barely faster at 29.86. Of observe, Nika Godun additionally dipped beneath the 30-second barrier in 29.99 because the 4th-place finisher.
Chikunova now inserts herself among the many prime 5 performers worldwide this season in slot #5.
- Maria Kameneva sliced .07 off of her semi-final time to clock 57.23 and win the ladies’s 100m backstroke. She registered the only real mark of the sphere beneath 58 seconds.
- The ladies’s 200m fly noticed Svetlana Chimrova strike gold, producing a prime time of two:08.00 to beat the sphere by over 2 seconds.
- Martin Malyutin topped the lads’s 200m free podium in a results of 1:42.77, a mark which ranks because the 24-year-old’s Tenth-best efficiency of his profession.
- Andrei Minakov landed lane 4 for tomorrow evening’s 100m fly closing. He snagged a semi-final outing of 49.73 as the only real swimmer beneath 50 seconds. Roman Shevlyakov will flank him because the 2nd-quickest in 50.32 whereas Samusenko might be on the opposite facet in 50.39. Minakov owns a lifetime better of 49.21, a consequence which garnered the Russian the bronze medal on the 2022 Quick Course World Championships.
- Daria Trofimova claimed the highest spot out of the ladies’s 100m free heats. She produced an effort of 53.15 to carry a wholesome benefit over Kameneva who certified subsequent in 53.72 whereas Daria Surushkina will even be within the combine with a 53.90 semi swim.